york swirls

Friday, April 19, 2013

My #*@!! Birthday

 Grady's helping Gammy eat her cake and open her gifts.

My girls managed to squeeze an hour or two in to fix supper for me on my birthday after I'd been gone most of the day taking my in-laws to the doctor again.  It was a super-busy day for everyone, so it seemed like we all came hurrying in, ate pretty quickly, and then everyone had to finish what they'd been working on before supper.  I took an hour or two and played with my grandsons after supper.

I've spent the last month since my mother-in-law was in the hospital taking my in-laws and my girls to numerous doctor's appointments...about 20 appointments to be exact.  I've had 3 or 4 days most weeks that I've had doctor's appointments.  I've made 2 more visits to the emergency room--one for Erin's broken ankle and one for my dad.  It's gotten so bad that I've even had to ask Krissy to take someone to 2 appointments.  One of them being to take Erin to the doctor to have her cast cut off and a new one put on because her foot was swelling so badly.  I had to try to coordinate that while I was in Indianapolis with my dad in the emergency room.

I've been more than overwhelmed several times during this past month as I've tried to balance everyone's health care, cooking, cleaning, and homeschooling.  I've even slept a few hours here and there.  Ha!  Through all this, I've complained and wanted to pull my hair out sometimes.  Then God spoke to my heart at a LeFevre Quartet concert.  What do I have to complain about?  Through all of these appointments, there hasn't been anything permanently serious.  No cancer.  Just fillings and glasses and a bone that will heal and infections and other various ailments.

Thank you, Lord, for your blessings on me.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Gammy! You certainly have had much excitement, and not the good kind! Take care and have great year! :)

    ReplyDelete