york swirls

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

 The girls got me a corsage for Mother's Day with 9 pink roses representing Autumn, Meagan, Krissy, Erin, Heather, Laura, Kara, Leah, & Nanna; 1 white rose for Lainey; and 2 yellow roses representing Ryan & Grady.  Isn't it beautiful and precious?  I wore it proudly this morning.
This is what Grady gave me for Mother's Day.  Isn't the butterfly made from his footprints adorable?

I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my husband, an orchid from Krissy, a ceramic beverage dispenser from Meagan, a necklace from Heather, a garden rock from Laura, many beautiful handmade cards, and Erin shampooed my carpets.  It was a very nice Mother's Day.  I hope yours was the same.

I spent part of my afternoon working on a project for our Mother Daughter Banquet.  While I was sitting there at my desk, all alone with my thoughts, my mind wandered all over the place.  One of my recurring thoughts was about how messed up our world is.  There is so much heartache.  People carry so many burdens.  Gary kept a little boy after Junior Church this morning because he was acting up, and Gary could tell there was something eating at him.  Once they were alone, the little boy started to cry.  He was upset because today was Mother's Day, and he doesn't have a mom.  She walked out on them when he was 2 years old.  

Lord, thank you for my not-so-normal-anymore family.  A mom and a dad that have been married for almost 26 years.  Never been married to anyone else.   All of our kids are ours together, not yours, mine, and ours.  We all have the same last name.  Dad is a farmer.  Mom & the kids work right along beside him.  We go to church together.  We eat supper together.  We don't smoke or drink.  How many of those kids in that Junior Church room this morning could say the same thing this morning?  Not many, if any.  

I was also thinking about moms today.  They carry so many burdens.  I've had it on my heart for several years to have a ladies' Bible study here at my house.  I've never done anything about it.  I'm too busy...Nobody would probably want to come...I'm certainly not qualified to lead a Bible study...No one has time for something like that.  But the desire is still there.  Please pray with me about it.

1 comment:

  1. The only qualification you need to lead a Bible study is an open heart. Open your home and others will join you! I am sending a prayer for the Lord to use you as He sees fit! Amen!

    ReplyDelete