york swirls

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Life may be slowly returning to normal...

Krissy's visual field test this week may have been a little improved.  We saw the neurosurgeon yesterday.  We drove 200 miles for him to ask her how she was feeling, look at the visual field test results that could have been faxed to him, and for him to say he'd see her in a month.  I love the medical system!  (That was sarcastic if you couldn't tell through your computer screen.)

I've spent many hours sitting in waiting rooms over the past 5 1/2 weeks and have been horrified at some of the things I've overheard.  For example, while sitting in the outpatient services waiting room I overheard the discussion between a patient and the lady at the desk.  They had him scheduled for surgery on the wrong ear.  ("Oh, I'm sorry...we took out your gallbladder instead of your tonsils!")  Or there was the discussion yesterday between the 2 ladies behind the desk....the one had charged someone a $50 co-pay, instead of a $30 co-pay, and they weren't going to do anything about it.  The one basically told the other, "Way to go!"  That's just two of many examples.  I've told Krissy more than once, "You'll get better if they don't kill you first."

So Krissy has no more doctor's appointments before Gary & I leave for our cruise on November 9th.  I feel so free!!  Maybe I can concentrate on things like cleaning my house, schooling, packing, and just being home for more than a few hours at a time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment