york swirls

Monday, November 19, 2012

Key West, Florida

 The first day of the cruise we were in Key West, Florida.  We took a bus tour of the island.  The island is only 2 miles by 4 miles, but they squeeze a lot into that small space.
 We also went to the butterfly conservatory while on the island.  I loved it!  I had butterflies landing on me.  They were swooping all over in large groups.
 This was a picture of one of the islands from the window beside the table where we ate our lunch on the ship.  Isn't the water beautiful?  There were so many different shades of blue water.
 We had a window in our room.  I loved to sit on the bed or lean on the ledge and watch the water.  I think next time we should get a room with a balcony so I can sit outside and watch the water!!
One of my favorite things about the cruise was the towel animal the steward left in our room every evening while we were at supper.  I enjoyed them so much that I bought the book that shows how to make them for the girls to have fun with.

No comments:

Post a Comment