york swirls

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

 The island of Jamaica
 We took a plantation tour on Jamaica.  This is our guide showing us a cocoa bean pod.
 The cocoa beans were inside of these slimy, white things.  The guide told us we could each suck on one, but not to bite it or swallow it.  It didn't taste anything like chocolate.  It had a  sweet, fruity taste.
 This is how they carry the bananas out of the jungle.  How do you think you'd do with 50 pounds of bananas on your head?
 This is the lower part of Dunns River Falls.  The falls are one of the main attractions in Jamaica.
 One of the excursions you could pay to go on was to climb the falls.  Watching people slipping, sliding, and falling past us on the rocks made us glad we hadn't chosen that excursion.
 Some of my towel friends.  I always looked forward to going back to our room after supper to see what the next animal was.
I'm showing my age and my computer illiteracy here, but I can't figure out how to rotate this picture in blogger.  You can still see how beautiful this watermelon is though.  I can't imagine doing something like this!  Somebody is very talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment