york swirls

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Hard Day's Work









Boy, am I tired!! My mom & dad came over today to clean up the trees that blew down over the 4th of July weekend. Dad cut the trees up and split some of it. Mom & the girls cleaned up sticks. The girls and I stacked the wood in our little lean-to where we store the wood we use in our firepit. We aren't completely finished, but we sure did get a lot accomplished. When we were out this morning moving all the dry wood to one end of the lean-to, I decided to start a fire. We cooked hotdogs on the fire for our lunch. I kept the fire going all afternoon so we could have a mid-afternoon snack of marshmallows or s'mores. I love the smell of wood smoke, and I really enjoy cooking over the fire. It's so relaxing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment