york swirls

Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Purpose





Over the 4th of July weekend, one of our guests said how she was drawn to our family. We've had others express the same feeling on different occasions in the past. I've put a lot of thought into that this past week. Why would people feel drawn to us? Is it because we're so fun & witty? Not a chance! Is it because we have fame & fortune? Definitely not! The answer I came up with is from the book of John where Jesus says (paraphrased), "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me." I hope the real reason people feel drawn to our family is because of Jesus in us. I hope our relationship with Him is evident.


My relationship with Christ stems back to when I was a child. It was 35 years ago this month that I was in a tent revival and the preacher was preaching about Hell. By the time he was done, I knew I didn't want to spend eternity there! I realized I was a sinner, even at the age of 9. After all, the Bible says in Romans, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." I also realized that the payment for that sin was death in Hell as it says in Romans 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Through Jesus' death on the cross, I was able to have eternal life in Heaven. I went to the altar that night and did what it says in Romans 10:13, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." I asked Christ to forgive me for my sin, come into my heart, and take me to Heaven when I die. It's because of that night that I know I will spend eternity in Heaven where I will meet Lainey and have a sweet reunion with my daughter.


It is our purpose through this blog to lift up Jesus as it says in John. If someone is encouraged or inspired by our life represented here on this blog or if someone receives Christ as their savior because of this blog, we will be so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment