york swirls

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Stone


They set Lainey's stone this week.  I'm not there to see it, but Krissy texted me pictures of it.  They are supposed to fasten a vase to that little thing that looks like a bolt sticking up beside the heart.  

The pain is still very great and very real.  I cried last night when I saw the pictures until my eyes were red and burning.  There is still a big, empty spot in our family.  Our friends, Pat & Kesha Barker, had a little girl just 5 days after Lainey was born.  We are spending time with them this week, and I watch Emma toddling around with uncertain steps.  I see her short ponytail sticking up from the top of her head.  I look at her chubby little face, and it hurts.  I wish I had my chubby Lainey to cuddle in my arms.  We miss you, Lainey.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful - that's the only word that describes this stone. I wish for you that it didn't have to be there, but it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete